Note: This list does not include the UK Core Requirements. See the UK Core section of the Course Bulletin for the complete UK Core requirements.
- Foreign Language (placement exam recommended) - 0 to 14 credits
- Disciplinary Requirements: Social Science (3), Humanities (3)
- Electives (6)
- Chemistry: CHE 105, 107, 111, and 113
- Mathematics: MA 113 and 114
- BIO 150, 151, 152, and 153
- Chemistry: CHE 226, 230, 231, 232, 410, 412, 440, 441, 422 or 532/533, 550, 552, and 554
- Physics: PHY 231/232 and 241/242
- Biology: BIO 304 or 308 or 315
Other Course Work Required for the Major
- Chemistry Major Field Options (4 credits) - major field options must be chosen from the following: CHE 395 or any CHE 500-evel course except for those required. Six credits of CHE 395 are recommended for students having a minimum 3.0 GPA in chemistry courses. Written reports are required for every semester in which a student is enrolled in CHE 395, and to obtain a grade for the couse, students must present a poster at the Regional Undergraduate Poster Competition or other approved venue.
- Mathematics: MA 213
- Physics: 231, 232, 241, and 242
- Electives: choose electives to lead to the minimum total of 128 hours required for graduation.
Graduation Composition & Communication Requirement
- WRD 310 Writing in the Natural Sciences
- Previously this requirement was fulfilled by CHE 372 and CHE 472
The B.S. degree is certified by the American Chemical Society.
In addition, a Minor in Chemistry is also available.