The application processes are managed entirely by the UK Graduate School with a system called ApplyYourself. All materials should be submitted through this web application, which can be accessed here. The materials you need to assemble for application are as follows:
- GRE Scores (Use code 1837 only (ETS's code for the University of Kentucky) to submit a score report directly to the Graduate School.)
- TOEFL/IETLS Scores (if an international student)
- Transcripts from current and prior institutions (Unofficial documents are acceptable for the application. Admitted students are required to provide official documents.)
- Personal statement that includes your research interests (include names of faculty at UK)
- Three letters of reference, to be uploaded by the letter writers
It is possible to upload additional information to the ApplyYourself website like writing samples. However, that information is not required, and it is not reviewed by our Admissions Committee.
Should you experience any technical problems with ApplyYourself, please direct your question to the Graduate School.
Fall Applicants: Departmental review of fall applications will begin on January 1st. Applications will be considered for admission until July 15th for domestic applicants and March 1st for international applicants. Note: if you wish to be considered for our recruiting weekend in February or March, it is prudent that you apply by January 15th.
Spring Applicants: We no longer accept Spring applications; however, we are able to defer applications for Spring admission on a case-by-case basis.
Am I eligible?
Before applying, you may review your eligibility for our program by checking our requirements at the FAQ page.
You may also contact the Graduate Recruiting Committee using our contact form to inquire if professors of interest will be accepting students in the semester for which you are applying.
We have a select number of application fee waivers fellowships available for prospective students. To determine if you are eligible for an application fee waiver, please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GRE scores & TOEFL/IELTS scores (if relevant)
- resume (pdf format)
- personal statement or statement of research interests (pdf format)