Facilities & Resources
The Chemistry Department has many resources available. Please visit any of the following to find out more about the department, learn about our infrastructure or procedures, or to see some of the facilities and equipment.
Forms & Documents
- Chemistry/Physics Access Request (including general building access, lab, and/or room access for the Chemistry Department)
- Departmental Seminar Procedures for Faculty Hosts
- Departmental Seminar Procedures for Graduate Students
- Departmental Seminar Procedures for the Seminar Committee
- Final Separation
- Host Reimbursement (for UK Chemistry Department faculty members)
- Support Form
- Travel Record - Now managed by the IBU, please visit http://staff.as.uky.edu/ibu.
- You can find Graduate School forms here.
- Checklist for MS Plan A (Departmental)
- Checklist for MS Plan B (Departmental)
- Checklist for PhD (Departmental)
- Checklist for MS Plan A (Graduate School)
- Checklist for MS Plan B (Graduate School)
- Checklist for PhD (Graduate School)
- Committee Changes
- Departmental Dissertation Approval Form
- Final Defense Assessment Rubric for MS Plan A
- Final Defense Assessment Rubric for MS Plan B
- Final Defense Assessment Rubric for PhD
- Graduate Student Orientation Schedule
- Oral Qualifying Exam Assessment Rubric for MS Plan A
- Oral Qualifying Exam Assessment Rubric for MS Plan B
- Oral Qualifying Exam Assessment Rubric for PhD
- Proctoring Schedule
- Research Advisor Interviews ('Blue Sheet')
- Seminar Procedures
- TA Evaluation Form (Departmental)
- TA Expectations
- TA Expectations (Stockroom)
- TA Leave Request (Departmental)
- TA Observation Form (University)
- TA Workload Survey (Departmental)
- Advanced Science and Technology Commercialization Center (ASTeCC) on UK's campus
- Center for Applied Energy Research (CAER)
- Center of Membrane Sciences
- Engineered Bioactive Interfaces and Devices
- Sanders-Brown Center on Aging
- Electron Paramagnetic Resonance Facility
- Mass Spectrometry Facility
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Facility
- The Single Crystal X-ray Diffraction Facility
- A&S Safety and Preparedness
- Where to Find Material Safety Data Sheets on the Internet has a lot additional info such as the MSDS HyperGlossary and an MSDS Quiz (off-site).
- A handy reference on fire extinguishers in a chemical laboratory is available off-site.
- The NFPA Fire Diamond and what it means (off-site).
- Chemical Waste and how to deal with it in our Department.
- The UK Office of Environmental Health and Safety has much more information.