Facilities & Resources
The Chemistry Department has many resources available. Please visit any of the following to find out more about the department, learn about our infrastructure or procedures or to see some of the facilities and equipment.
- Departmental Requisition
- Change of Labor Distribution
- Chemistry/Physics Access Request (including general building access, lab, and/or room access)
- Guest Reimbursement
- Host Reimbursement (for UK Chemistry Department faculty members)
- Make-up Request Form (for CHE 231 and 233 only)
- Support Form
- Travel Record
Graduate Program Forms:
- TA Evaluation Form (Departmental)
- TA Leave Request
- TA Observation Form (University)
- Checklist for MS Plan A
- Checklist for MS Plan B
- Checklist for PhD
- Research Advisor Interviews ('Blue Sheet')
- Oral Qualifying Exam Assessment Rubric for MS Plan A
- Oral Qualifying Exam Assessment Rubric for MS Plan B
- Oral Qualifying Exam Assessment Rubric for PhD
- Departmental Dissertation Approval Form
- Final Defense Assessment Rubric for MS Plan A
- Final Defense Assessment Rubric for MS Plan B
- Final Defense Assessment Rubric for PhD
- You can find Graduate School forms here.
- Engineered Bioactive Interfaces and Devices
- Center of Membrane Sciences
- Sanders-Brown Center on Aging
- Center for Applied Energy Research (CAER)
- Advanced Science and Technology Commercialization Center (ASTeCC) on UK's campus
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Facility
- Electron Paramagnetic Resonance Facility
- Mass Spectrometry Facility
- The Single Crystal X-ray Diffraction Facility
- Chemistry Electronics Shop
- Chemistry Glassblowing Shop
- Chemistry Stockroom
- Science Library
- Department of Chemistry's Procedures for Disposing of Surplus Property (including computers)
- Where to Find Material Safety Data Sheets on the Internet has a lot additional info such as the MSDS HyperGlossary and an MSDS Quiz (off-site).
- A handy reference on fire extinguishers in a chemical laboratory is available off-site.
- The NFPA Fire Diamond and what it means (off-site).
- Chemical Waste and how to deal with it in our Department.
- The UK Office of Environmental Health and Safety has much more information.